Saturday, May 10, 2003

Hey its one of my fave movies too


I always like this movie for two reasons: Robert Preston is in it and it is one of the first uses of CGI in a mainstream movie. Now I know I have something in common with our prez.


The Onion | Bush Cites The Last Starfighter As Inspiration For Entering Politics. WASHINGTON, DC[~]During a speech Monday, President Bush disclosed for the first time the pivotal role the 1984 science-fiction adventure film The Last Starfighter played in his decision to enter politics. "My whole life, I'd grown up around politics, but it wasn't until that fateful day in 1984, at a matinee screening of The Last Starfighter at the old Orpheum Theater in Midland, TX, that I finally realized that my destiny lay in public service," said Bush, speaking at a Republican National Committee fundraiser at the Washington Hilton. "The movie showed me that no matter who you are and where you come from, you can make a big difference." [The Onion | America's Finest News Source[dot accent]]

No comments: