Thursday, August 26, 2004

I have three thoughts on Dean Koontz:...


Posted by MacDood

I have three thoughts on Dean Koontz:



The first is the memory of the gag on The Family Guy. A van runs over a man walking along the side of the road. The driver sticks his head out and yells, "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Are you Stephen King?" "No!" the man yells back. "I'm Dean Koontz." The driver backs up over him again.



The second is my memory of reading one of his books while working retail. I was allowed to read on the job, but only the books that the store sold. It was just a rack of mass market paperbacks, whatever the bestsellers were that week, so I picked up a Dean Koontz. I don't remember the title, but the plot hinged on a supersmart dog that communicated through Scrabble letters. I'm not even kidding.



The third is my fear of his hair. See picture one. Then see picture two. Try to tell me you're not terrified.



I guess I could have other thoughts by reading this interview. But I'd really rather not.

[blog]

No comments: