Thursday, October 28, 2004

I was a library page for several years in college

McSweeney's Internet Tendency: Dispatches from a Public Librarian: "




D I S P A T C H E S   F R O M
A   P U B L I C   L I B R A R I A N


BY SCOTT DOUGLAS

- - - -

Dispatch 11 (10/13/04)

An Interview With Josh, Who Is a Library Page, and Whose Name Has Been Changed

What size shoe do you wear?
111/2.

What's the best kind of shelving shoe?
Vans.

What technique do you use to secretly read a book while you're supposed to be shelving?
There's a section in Juvenile Fiction—JF-L to JF-Z that cannot be seen by the senior clerk unless she is wandering around the library. I get in a squatting-type position in this area and position the book truck in front of me in such a way that it sort of looks like I'm sorting books on the bottom of the truck and not reading.

Do you remember those two Russian girls that came in that one summer and all the guys were trying to figure out ways to hit on them when they didn't know English?
Yes.

If there were a biopic made detailing your life as a page, who would you want to play the role of you?
I think Adam Sandle"

(Via .)

No comments: