Friday, October 15, 2004

me me no me

Be the 1,000th ghost at Haunted Mansion Disneyland: "Cory Doctorow:
Holy crap, I think my brains just exploded. This is the best thing ever. I mean, EVER.


In an effort to raise funds for The Boys and Girls Clubs of America, DisneyAuctions.com is holding a "spirited" event that will allow the winning bidder to receive a personalized "tombstone" in the finale graveyard scene of the attraction with a humorous epitaph (inspired by the lucky bidder's interests and hobbies) written by the team at Walt Disney Imagineering.


But wait. There's more. The winning bidder will also receive a one-of-a-kind miniature replica of the tombstone and a certificate officially recognizing him/her as an Honorary resident of the Haunted Mansion; and the successful bidder and a guest will be spirited away from his or her hometown to Disneyland in time for a midnight "burial" ceremony on Thursday, October 28, officially placing the tombstone in the graveyard of the Haunted Mansion.



Link

(Thanks, Jeff!)"



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: