Friday, February 4, 2005

Friday, February 04, 2005
10:14 PM

Artist draws objects based on submitters' descriptions: "Mark Frauenfelder:
Artist Benedict Carpenter asks people to email him descriptions of everyday objects without disclosing what the objects are. Then he draws them based on the description. Then the person who submitted the description tells Carpenter what the object is. Shown here, Carpenter's drawing based on a description of a spoon.

 Projects Drawndescriptions Benking4Small 'My body is framed by one long smooth line,

An axis of symmetry down my spine,

My stalk is long, with a quick swell and bend,

And four small birth marks cut into the end.

My body is smooth like a fresh-laid egg,

I look like an octopus with one leg.

My surface was bright like the sun at noon,

Now marked and scarred like the face of the moon.'



Link (Thanks, Mary!)"



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: