Monday, February 28, 2005

Monday, February 28, 2005
10:02 PM
in memory of Lenny Bruce, my fave swearologist

HOWTO curse in Yiddish -- WARNING: "Cory Doctorow:
Swearasaurus is a directory of curses in languages other than English. The Yiddish curse section is stupendous. I'm taking notes.


He should give it all away to doctors...

He should crap blood and pus...

He should have a large store, and whatever people ask for he shouldn’t have, and what he does have shouldn’t be requested...

All his teeth should fall out except one to make him suffer...

I should outlive him long enough to bury him.


Link

(via MeFi)


Update: Some readers report that this site trips their anti-spyware software. I use Firefox and OS X, so I am immune. You may not be so lucky. On the other hand, the anti-spyware could just be overzealous. Who knows?


Update 2: Ed Bott sez, 'I am the author of the best-selling books Windows XP Inside Out and Windows Security Inside Out. I can tell you for a fact that this site offers to install a known piece of deceptive software (aka spyware) on the computer of anyone who visits. It uses social engineering techniques to trick the visitor into accepting the installation. In my opinion, you should remove this link as a service to your readers.' Forewarned is forearmed."



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: