Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday, July 18, 2005
11:29 PM
Betcha my wife recognizes many of these

Blog-homage to '70s pinball cheeseball art: "Xeni Jardin:





On his blog, intergalactically famed illustrator Coop (father of all devil-babes) waxes poetic on pinball machine art he's collected over the years, including those designed by Dave Christensen.




Few outside the world of serious pinball maniacs would recognize Christensen's name, but I consider him a major influence on my own work, despite the fact that I only learned his name less than a decade ago. I grew up in the seventies, and I can distinctly remember playing machines designed by Christensen, and being mesmerized by the blinking tableaus of lowbrow decadence, images filled with lots of in-jokes, eyeball kicks and a heaping helping of big-boobed sexy girls that tantalized my adolescent libido.




Link to Coop's blog post, including lots of images of these machines and a kick-ass promo poster featuring Ann-Margaret circa Tommy. Best of all: a supremely kitschy NSFW image of the art for XXX-rated pinball game 'Big Dick.'"



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: