Saturday, December 10, 2005

Saturday, December 10, 2005
09:18 PM

vote for cthulhu: "

Cthulhudynamite
I am very fortunate to call John Kovalic my friend. He is an incredibly kind, supportive, and talented guy. He did the illustrations for Just A Geek, just because I asked him to, and the goddamn publisher didn't even give him (or Neil Gaiman who wrote the foreword) credit on the cover (I guess they needed every inch they could get for the Star Trek stuff. Awesome.)



John has brought so much supermegacool stuff into the world, and has contributed sto so many things that I love, it's hard to single out one thing that's best: Apples to Apples? Dork Tower? The illustrations for various incarnations of Munchkin and Chez [Geek|Grunt|Greek|Goth]?



How about his hilarious-because-it's-true take on Disney's fetid 'breath of fresh air?'



All are legitimate candidates, but today I am voting for the shirt you see pictured on the left, which finally combines Napoleon Dynamite and Cthulhu, a pairing that was long over due.



Bravo, John. Put me down for a men's medium.

"



(Via Wil Wheaton.)

No comments: