Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Battlestar Galacticakes

Tuesday, October 17, 2006
04:46 AM
celebrating great scifi tv with cake!

Battlestar Galacticakes: "Xeni Jardin:
BoingBoing reader and Battlestar Galactica fan Matt Dukes says,



I turned 31 today, and we had my birthday party at my place. We didn't know if anybody was bringing cake, and we had 25 people coming, so we knew we had to make several. Naturally, I came up the only logical solution to the problem -- a fleet of Battlestar Galactica cakes!


When it was all said and done (5 hours later), we had the Galactica, the Pegasus, a Cylon Ressurection Ship, and cupcake squadrons of Vipers and Raiders (my personal favorite). We tried to make Cloud Nine, but, um, it blew up. :)


Here's a link to my Flickr photoset with the cakes in it. Hope you like it!



Like it? Matt, your Galacticakes are frakkin' awesome. Speaking of which, I spotted this t-shirt on blogging.la author Jay Bushman at a BSG premiere party a couple of weeks ago: Link (Thanks, Spencer Cross!)



Update: Here's a silly music video cobbled together by BSG fans: Link (Thanks, Craig!).


Reader comment: Sean McGettigan says, 'This is a video I threw together using youtubed BSG footage, and of a friend of mine singing a tribute to the lovely Starbuck (Kara Thrace) of Battlestar Galactica: Link.'


Serious BSG fan Jeff says,




'I plan to travel across Canada and try and convince
the powers that be to hire me on Battlestar Galactica. I'm in Halifax (on the east coast) and BSG films in Vancouver (on
the west coast), so I'm trying to scrape up money for a cross
country trek, and then somehow get them to give me a role on the
show when I get out there (anything will do!).'
Link to Jeff's website. Jeff: if you succeed in your valiant quest to make it to Vancouver, do try and make sure you arrive while the show is actually in production, not on hiatus or on a between-season break. :-)




"



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: