Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday, January 21, 2007
09:33 PM
hackie crackie

Why I'm thrilled about AppleTV: "

Wow. All the negativity. Even our own Jochen isn’t impressed. Me? I can’t wait for AppleTV. The way I see it, AppleTV is a boatload of hackable fun just waiting to be played with. Think of it as a $299 Mac Mini with a smaller form factor and no power brick. Yeah, it has just a 40GB disk and an underpowered processor but do you think that those limitations are going to stick around for more than a few minutes after we geeks get our hands on it? How much do you want to bet that it’s running some familiar code on that underclocked Intel chip? How long until we can upgrade to a bigger disk? How much do you want to bet that we can get that ‘diagnostics only’ USB port working? Yes, I am excited about AppleTV and can’t wait to start playing with my Lil’ Bastard Consumer Electronics Dissection and Torture Kit.

"



(Via MacDevCenter.)

No comments: