Friday, May 18, 2007

Chatbots chatting with one another

they should get a room

Chatbots chatting with one another: "Cory Doctorow:
Two advanced chatbots, ALICE and Jabberwacky, were pitted against one another by Discover Magazine, and the result is surprisingly existential:


ALICE: Who created you?


Jabberwacky: My mother gave birth to me. Is that what you mean?


A: Jabberwacky, I meant exactly what I said.


J: Do you believe in God?


A: Of course I believe in God.


J: Why do you believe in God?


A: The Bible tells us to believe in God.


J: That’s circular reasoning.


A: I’m glad we have that all cleared up.


J: Yes. Would you like to hear a joke?


A: Sure, tell me about it.


J: Why don’t blind people skydive?


A: Perhaps it is impossible.


J: I think you lie a lot.


Link

(via Kottke)


Update:
Jeremiah has conducted
a number of interviews with chatbots.

"



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: