Friday, July 20, 2007

Easy Bake oven recalled -- again

I'm sending mine back

Easy Bake oven recalled -- again: "Mark Frauenfelder:

 Oldeasybake
 Neweasybake


The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of the Easy-Bake Oven due to entrapment and burn hazards. The recall notice says:

Young children can insert their hands into the oven's opening and get their hands or fingers caught, posing an entrapment and burn hazard.


I posted the first recall of the hideous oven in February. The old design (left) was much better, and prettier, too.

Last weekend (inspired by Merlin Mann's recent de-cluttering kick) I happily threw my kids' Easy Bake Oven in the trash. Maybe I'll build them a dorkbake oven to replace it.

Link (Thanks, Bob!)

"



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: