Saturday, December 18, 2004

Saturday, December 18, 2004
09:11 PM

Jack Chick creationist comic "Big Daddy": "Xeni Jardin:
BoingBoing reader Tommy York says,




Recently, at a school rally of mine here in San Francisco, I came across the booth of the Christian club at school, AGAPE. I decided to pick up a few little comics of theirs, and I came across this one - one the denounces evolution, procedes to denounce the whole theory of the 'atom' too, and by disproving evolution, of course, shows that the only logical alternative is that Jesus is the creator. Propaganda like this in public schools seems a bit off to me.


Link to page-by-page photos of 'Big Daddy' creationist comic book. I can't help but wonder what the whole thing would sound like read in the voice of Mr. Slave from South Park. I mean, 'Big Daddy'? The unshaven monkey with the banana on the cover looks vaguely Tom of Finland. Oh jesusth christth, Jack Chick!



Update: Reader Lance Simmons says, 'There's a much better copy of Big Daddy at the publisher's site.' Link. See also these previous BoingBoing posts on Jack Chick's Christian comix: Link, and Link 2."



(Via Boing Boing.)

No comments: